Dec 18, 2019
Grammy Awards | The made in France nominees
It’s the end of the first round of voting for the 62nd Grammy Awards and there are already some ‘Made in France’ names in the list. The second round of voting will be from 9th December.
Without any further ado, here’s a list of the nominees.
Best World Music Album
- Celia, Angelique Kidjo (Decca Records France)
Best Orchestral Performance
- Transatlantic, Louis Langrée, conductor (Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra)
Best Opera Recording
- Benjamin: Lessons in Love & Violence, George Benjamin, conductor; Stéphane Degout, Barbara Hannigan, Peter Hoare & Gyula Orendt; James Whitbourn, producer (Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House)
- Berg: Wozzeck, Marc Albrecht, conductor; Christopher Maltman & Eva-Maria Westbroek; François Roussillon, producer (Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra; Chorus Of Dutch National Oper)
Best Classical Instrumental Solo
- Schumann: Leiderkreis OP. 24, Kerner-Lieder OP. 35, Matthias Goerne; Leif Ove Andsnes, accompanist (Harmonia Mundi)
Best Instrumental Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals
- Marry Me a Little, Cyrille Aimée & Diego Figueiredo, arrangers
Award Music Moves Europe Talent Awards | Meet the Nominees! As they do every year, the Music Moves Europe Talent Awards recognise emerging European artists that represent the sound of the present, and the futur... Award Alexandre Kantorow | The first Frenchman to win the Tchaïkovski prize At 22 years of age, Frenchman Alexandre Kantorow became the first Frenchman to win the piano prize at this year’s 16th International Tchaikovsky...