Dec 18, 2019
Grammy Awards | The made in France nominees
It’s the end of the first round of voting for the 62nd Grammy Awards and there are already some ‘Made in France’ names in the list. The second round of voting will be from 9th December.
Without any further ado, here’s a list of the nominees.
Best World Music Album
- Celia, Angelique Kidjo (Decca Records France)
Best Orchestral Performance
- Transatlantic, Louis Langrée, conductor (Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra)
Best Opera Recording
- Benjamin: Lessons in Love & Violence, George Benjamin, conductor; Stéphane Degout, Barbara Hannigan, Peter Hoare & Gyula Orendt; James Whitbourn, producer (Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House)
- Berg: Wozzeck, Marc Albrecht, conductor; Christopher Maltman & Eva-Maria Westbroek; François Roussillon, producer (Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra; Chorus Of Dutch National Oper)
Best Classical Instrumental Solo
- Schumann: Leiderkreis OP. 24, Kerner-Lieder OP. 35, Matthias Goerne; Leif Ove Andsnes, accompanist (Harmonia Mundi)
Best Instrumental Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals
- Marry Me a Little, Cyrille Aimée & Diego Figueiredo, arrangers
Award Victoires du Jazz | The winners at the 2022 ceremony! At the awards ceremonies that took place on 29th and 30th June in Juan-les-Pins, five winners were selected as being the most memorable of the previou... Award William Christie & Les Arts Florissants | Grand’croix de l’Ordre du Mérite and an exclusive playlist for What The France! Harpsichord player, conductor, musicologist and teacher William Christie is one of a select group of people from the arts world to be accepted into th...